I recently posted Posey’s Wishlist. And now… here are a few things that could solve my (superficial) problems this holiday season. Something to think about for the stay at home mom on your list this year.
- Oprah gave away these delightful Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme beds to heroic military spouses on her Favorite Things show. I ooh’ed and ah’ed so much that Beef asked if it was worth him enlisting. Maybe.
- If that’s not in the budget, might I suggest My Pillow? I watched the infomercial last month and fell in love. Plus, who wouldn’t want to drift off into ZZZland thinking of this guy’s face?
(It’s important for me to note here that Posey sleeps through the night like a champ. But the cat does not.)
I Look Bad.
- Not getting dressed to go to an office every day means that some days my face slips through the cracks that are, strangely enough, now on my face. That’s where the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette comes into play. Once the salesperson at Sephora told me she loved her original Naked Palette so much that she brought it to China. I didn’t buy it, because I wasn’t going to China, and all the blue didn’t appeal to me. But this one? 12 pretty eye shades. One for each day of Christmas! (And their 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils are the best.)
- Since those eyeshadows won’t look good on wrinkly, dark circle-y eyes, pick up some eye cream that’s fancy enough to feel like a treat— and not an insulting gift.
I’m One-Third of a S.I.F.
Beef coined this term to stand for “Single-Income Family.” Staying at home is a blessing that means I get to spend every day taking care of my sweet baby and making waffles with the waffle iron more mornings than not, but it also means not doing everything the way maybe I used to. So don’t get her something practical. Get her something nice. Cause, you know, she’s nice.
- Boots! This weekend, I used a pair of pliers to repair the jagged metal zipper that probably will give me Lock Jaw one day on my almost decade-old Target boots. They’re fixed, and they’re fine. But that doesn’t mean I can’t dream. Before I quit my job, I was on Year Three of The Hunt for New Boots. My options are limited because I’m cursed with super-skinny calves. Hey, people who got here by Googling “boots for skinny narrow calves?” Try these Calvin Klein Herminas. I didn’t get a chance to before the new world S.I.F. order.
- Serenity Stone Drop earrings from Stella and Dot. Like wearing the Emerald City dangling from your earlobes!
- Yes, I know that getting a gift certificate to my hair salon or nail place is kind of like handing over an envelope of cash. But it would be a nice gesture to say, “Hey, Wonderful Wife– you deserve it!”
- An envelope of cash. Just kidding. The second-best part of Christmas is knowing someone cares enough about you to think of something thoughtful. SO BE THOUGHTFUL. What’s the first-best part? That’s easy.