One of the best worst summer shows has returned to TV, and Beef couldn’t be happier. Last night, he came home grumpy from an especially hard day’s work. While most stressed-out dads would pop open a beer to ease the pain– Alas, his wound was one there was no bandage for.
“I wish Melissa & Joey was on tonight.”
Poor guy. There was nothing I could do for him about that, so I did the next-best thing. I made him Joey Lawrence’s Sweet and Citrus Summer Fish Tacos , which J.L demoed last week on Live with Kelly! They were pretty good, and Beef pointed out a better name for them would be:
“Joey Lawrence’s Sweet and Citrus Summer Fish Tac-Whoas”
I’m not entirely sure when our love affair with the 22 minutes of genius that is M&J began. Wait a sec, yes I do. It was after ABC Family unleashed on the world a little film called My Fake Fiance– pairing up the unstoppable @MellyJHart with the multi-talented Joey L. Basically, our lives changed, and when we heard they were doing a show together, we were all in.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons you should be watching, too:
- She’s a councilwoman. He’s her lost-everything-in-a-ponzi-scheme manny. What could possibly go wrong???
- Joey’s hairline is different in every episode.
- The innuendo is just enough to make you uncomfortable that it’s on ABC Family, and you sort of want to call up the programming director and ask if he or she is sure about all of this.
- The pilot script actually refers to them as Hailey & Jack, so you know they weren’t just cast because of their first names.
- Franklin & Bash is on Tuesdays, so there’s no conflict.
Melissa & Joey airs Tuesday nights at 8/7c. You’re so welcome.
…Wait, you didn’t see My Fake Fiance?! Here’s the trailer. Finally, a love story you can believe in.